V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 dyno super glide. I was in 5th hear and bike just stopped pulling. The clutch has never slipped or anything. Need to know what may have happened.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Might want to be a little more descriptive about what happened. Were you at speed and bike shut off or was engine running and you just coasted to a stop while still in gear or what else?
Does transmission shift gears.
More detail please.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rev limiter? As RG asked, what was your speed at the time? Does your "Dyno" have a tach? If so did you see what it was pulling at the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No tack, and was at about 50 mph.It was just like it was put into neutral. No the bike Did not die. It will shift gears but nothing happens.

·
Super Moderator
20,087 Posts
So the motor still runs and is responsive to the throttle? Ant the drive belt is still fine?

That would indicate a failure in the drive line. On an 08, spinning the splines out of the front drive sprocket would be something to check.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
That would indicate a failure in the drive line. On an 08, spinning the splines out of the front drive sprocket would be something to check.
I have no experience with an 08 "Dyno", but the splines on my FXR are pretty beefy.

How the **** would you strip the splines with a stock or even mildly modded engine?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,087 Posts
I have no experience with an 08 "Dyno", but the splines on my FXR are pretty beefy.

How the **** would you strip the splines with a stock or even mildly modded engine?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
The belt sprockets are soft. The loosen up and then just wear the teeth off of the internal spline. No warning, just instant loss of go. Some time you can limp them home on the friction alone, but other times they just completely die.

·
Registered
7 Posts
08 dyno super glide. I was in 5th hear and bike just stopped pulling. The clutch has never slipped or anything. Need to know what may have happened.
What was your RPM reading when it stopped? Do you have a fuel tuner ? Or do you haver a performance ECM flash (Stage 1, etc) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the motor still runs and is responsive to the throttle? Ant the drive belt is still fine?

Thanks going to check that out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts