V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see if any of you have the Kendon Trailer and if you do did you buy the stone guard and do you think it works and worth buying?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I just bought a two place Kendon Trailer. Very happy with it, looks like a very high quality product. I am planning on picking up the stone guard ana spare tire in the near future. I think it will be worth the couple hundred bucks to protect the front end of the bikes from flying debris. I am not sure how they mount though. I don't know if they bolt on, or if they have a quick on/off type mount with rubber straps. I think I read that it is necessary to remove the stoneguard and/or tool box before standing the trailer up for storage...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I have a single axle Kendon with the stone guard and spare wheel. I bought it for hauling cross country (2600 miles) twice a year. For that kind of travel I felt a stone guard was essential considering the exposure to all kinds of road surface conditions. It is quite difficult (heavy) to stand up with the guard on, but it can be done. However, then you have a head-banger left to deal with cause you essentially have to use the upright position backwards. Best not to have it on for the upright position. Not too difficult to remove...it's basically bolt mounted. It probably took me 15-20 mins to remove it, so it's not a real big deal, just a nuisance. Stands up easily w/o the guard on. But, it does a good job of protection!

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
I have the dual with guards, storage box and spare.
To lift it myself, the tool box comes off but the guards stay on.
It's still pretty heavy.
Get the guards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts