V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody gone from stock to 413's? I would love to be able to buy the best suspension for 1200.00 but I can't. Are these an improvement over stock or are they too similar to notice? Anybody? Thanks.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
I went from stock to the adjustable 413's. I weigh about 180, never 2 up, and I have the pre load all the way soft. I have them adjusted as low as they will go. I definitely noticed a consistantly smoother ride, and the pot holes aren't as bone jarring. It's still firm, but not harsh.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh1deuce said:
I went from stock to the adjustable 413's. I weigh about 180, never 2 up, and I have the pre load all the way soft. I have them adjusted as low as they will go. I definitely noticed a consistantly smoother ride, and the pot holes aren't as bone jarring. It's still firm, but not harsh.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. Great looking bike! Would you buy the 413's again or something different? Thanks again.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
As for my personal experience, I would for sure buy them again. No one in my circle of riding friends has changed to aftermarket shocks. I'm sure there's better shocks out there. How much better could they be, verses the price difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the 413s at about 1 1/2 turns up from softest position. Not that much of a difference in ride from the stock shocks set at near the softest position. Perhaps the Progressives set at softest position would result in a bit more pleasant ride. I'm 210 lbs., felt I would be best served with them set as they are. Buy the chrome ones. I thought I would save some money with the cad-plated versions;that dull yellow looking up at you detracts from the bike's look (2000 FXST). Try Jireh Cycles.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm 205lbs., had the 413s with the spring preload all the way up and the ride height about 3/4" lower than stock and I thought the shocks sucked... needed more spring and tighter damping for my tastes. They rode too much like an old man's car, even at max spring preload... but you may like that, YMMV, etc.

These might be good if you like watedbeds. ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
I'm 205lbs., had the 413s with the spring preload all the way up and the ride height about 3/4" lower than stock and I thought the shocks sucked... needed more spring and tighter damping for my tastes. They rode too much like an old man's car, even at max spring preload... but you may like that, YMMV, etc.

These might be good if you like watedbeds. ;)
Thanks...I'm used to riding Fat Soft Chicks so they might be alright.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
got a visual on that............

fatboy69 said:
Thanks...I'm used to riding Fat Soft Chicks so they might be alright.
:(- A fatboy on a fat chick, must be that Canadian bacon :spank:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.