V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems other than i ? I got leaking seal on right side at about 13,000 miles. Was happy with them till now . Can not service per dealer. Not cool @ 500.00 . Any sugestions welcome.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Actually mine leaked BAD at 1,400 thats right NOT 14K but one thousand four hundred miles. It was a warranty job, they replaced the seals. I own a 2002 FXDX.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I ride two up most the time & after 26,000 great miles + no probs on my 01 FXDXT. Ive bottomed them out a few times too.

If yoy dont rebuild/replace the seals get progressive shocks, a much better deal at say 400 bucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
fxdxt01, I have an FXDXT on order... how did the Progressive Shocks compare to the stock FXDXT shocks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shocks

In reply to V-Twin, The progessive 440's are truly the best I've had. The stock shock is very good too and you can play with the adjustments. The 440's take that away and and meet every bump with the proper responce.
I'm just over 200 lb's and went with the heavy springs a little firm but works very well and great the harder i push in turns.
All in all they're great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FXDX-T Interest

All,

I am very interested in ordering a 2003 FXDX-T and wanted everyones thoughts/opinions in regards to comfort, windshield buffeting issues(?), suspension & overall enjoyment. I realize HD is stopping production on this model and I'm trying to figure out if I should go w/ the std FXD, FXDX-T, or softail std FXSTI? I think I would like the std seating on the dynas vs the fxsti. I like the 2003 FXDX-T model because it doesn't have the chrome blackened as much as last year. The FXDX-T suspension is basically from the FXDX and it seems a no brainer w/ the bags and windshield. I'm also 6'4" tall, 225lbs and 45 yrs old. I passed the MSF last summer and have been trying to figure out what I want. I'm also looking at Beemers (R1150R & 1150RT) but I still keep coning back to HD. Several friends told me I should consider the tourers such as E-Glide std or Road Kings but I don't think I will be touring that much let alone wanting that kind of mass to throw around. I just want to do localized riding w/ some protection/side bags. My wife isn't into this so its primarily only going to be me. I look forward to your comments. BTW, I live in the Annapolis, Maryland area. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have enjoyed my FXDXT for over two years now. My bike has run near flawless in about 30K miles. All the minor problems Ive had with tunning the carb /igniton ect was my own doing. Ive done all my mods and the bike runs stronger today that it ever has. Ive adjusted the suspensions once and only tuning Ive always needed was rear wheel alinment after tire change. I turn up the preload when I load it down for a trip, turn them back when I get home. The mild wind buffing has never botherd me, but I was use to no windscreen before the Dyna. I am 5'10".
I have taken the bike up north twice two up and once down south, I mostly ride two up. Each big trip the bike gets fully loaded, including a tent across the handle bars. I cant say enought about the FXDXT other than its been the best bike Ive ever owned out of the dozzen or so Ive had in my 28 years of riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The FXDXT is the best in my opinion been on it since Nov.o1. It's a great package with the bag's and fairing. Best handling over other model's you mentioned. Beemers are cool but nothing like a Harley.
Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts