V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the touring, one-piece Mustang seat on my Road King. It is so comfortable that I have never even thought to myself, while riding, that my hindquarters are begging me to stop and get up off the bike. Now, I recently discover that I have a cut/tear in the seat. How? I dunno?:dunno:

Well, knowing that a small tear can easily become a big tear, not to mention a gate through which water can and will pass through causing who knows what kind of damage, I pulled it and sent it back to Mustang to recover.

However, my issue (and complaint) is about my stock seat (that I temporarily put back on). I could not believe (or remember) just how bad the stock seat is! I guess a point that I am trying to make is that if anyone one reading this has a stock seat and are experiencing "discomfort", then I suggest to begin shopping for a decent after-market seat. Your comfort and riding experience will take a giant leap forward. -2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
My stock deluxe seat is not very comfortable, but I like the look of it.

I have my seat torn down and I am re-shaping the foam today so I sit lower and further back.

It seems a common complaint that the stock seats are uncomfortable and push you up on the tank.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got the one peice mustang tourer tow, its awesome. Had bad is the tear? Can you put some kind of sealant on it? Mustang will redo seat. E-mail them they will give a price. Would want to do it soon.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
berserker said:
I got the one peice mustang tourer tow, its awesome. Had bad is the tear? Can you put some kind of sealant on it? Mustang will redo seat. E-mail them they will give a price. Would want to do it soon.

Thanks. It is a small tear. I debated what to do and I did send the seat back to Mustang to recover. I had studs but I am taking advantage of the situation to have it recovered with no studs. My back rest already was broken so now I will reorder a new stud-less one too. Prior owner of this bike (Std Road King) tried to make this bike look old-school with wide whitewall tires and spokes plus seat studs. I now have blacked out 9-spoke cast wheel with an all black tire (to complement the blacked-out engine). Having the seat covered all smooth black will complete and clean-up, IMHO, the overall look.
:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts