V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Paul Yaffe Original Bike that comes with a TC88B Motor with a big bore kit. "95". The bike has no tach so I was wondering what the stock TCB Motor redline is. I think from what I have read it is 5800....and if so would I gain anything going with any of the screaming eagle coil and 6200 RPM kits. Also if I do that which one would you reccomend.

The bike has crack pipes on it so it looses tons of torque but will still outrun a 03 Softtail with a regualr bore motor so I am just loooking for advice on what else to do,

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thealien said:
Nice bike, if you're not hitting the rev limmiter I would leave it alone. Are you, hitting the rev limmiter ????
I do sometimes under hard acceleration, and not having a tach I hate bumping the limiter. I always just seem to barely catch it? Is stock 88B 5800rpm? The speedo is molded into the handlebars and I can't find a 3 1/2" combo unit.

dave

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Does the place you bought the bike at have any information, for what you paid, they should tell you anything you want/need to know. Certainly not a stock carb, probably not a stock ignition either ???

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If the bike is new, "most" of the engines Paul uses are pretty mild. Only some bikes built for a specific individual have more, but radical engines are not his game and probably a big part of his success.
You might be much better off bumping 5800 now and then then raising it to 6200 on a B engine.
The way to gain against the clock on these things is with lightning quick shifts a little before redline as opposed to raising the rev limit.
Hard to do with forward controls. <G>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
HIPPO said:
If the bike is new, "most" of the engines Paul uses are pretty mild. Only some bikes built for a specific individual have more, but radical engines are not his game and probably a big part of his success.
You might be much better off bumping 5800 now and then then raising it to 6200 on a B engine.
The way to gain against the clock on these things is with lightning quick shifts a little before redline as opposed to raising the rev limit.
Hard to do with forward controls. <G>
Hippo,

It uses a 2003 B motor. What I am tring to figure out is what the stock redline is on a new B motor. I have been told 5500, 5800, and 6200. The bike is an 03 that came with a stock motor. Before I picked it up I had them put on a BB 95 kit with the 203 cams because of all the torque those bitchin pipes loose. They jetted the carb and it runs just great. But I do on occasion find my self bumping the rev-limiter and I am more curious than anything on what the limit is set at from the factory.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Stock the soft come in at 5700, them it shuts down at 5800. I got a 6200 in my Dyna and I have never hit that one. If your reving up quickly ye'll never hear the soft kick in as your on the hard already.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Call Paul (602) 840-4205 and ask him what ignition modules he has been using lately and if applicable what they are set at. That's what will give you the rpm limit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts