V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty much stock 2005 ElectraGlide Classic. It's time to open the timing chest and check tensioners again.

Since we'll already have it open i planned to do the cam plate, oil pump and tensioner upgrade. Since I'm not going with adjustable pushrods ( no amount of discussion will change my mind).....the tank will be off and rocker boxes open........so why not go the rest of the way?

I'm looking at going with the SE can plate, oil pump and tensioners. SE 95" big bore kit and 203 or 205(?) cams. Or possibly Andrews 26's and a Power Vision tuner.

Still deciding cams. Big question is mufflers. My goal is a little more low to mid grunt. Not looking for huge gains. Just a little bump. I wouldn't mind a little more rumble, but not too much.

I ride in a lot of areas already noise sensitive. Plus, as cool as Neighbor Haters may sound.......it's my wife and kids that will have to deal with the neighbors i hate at 6 AM on a Sunday.

Got a few recommendations for V&H slip-one with quiet baffles. One for "Screw the neighbors get a set of D&D's" and 2 for " if you only want a little more grunt just stick with stock"

Anyone have any experience with a big bore kit and stock pipes? Vance and Hines with the quiet baffles? Any other options?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Huh, never heard of a 205 cam, stock mufflers do restrict the flow, but to me, sound like crap when punch them out, but that is how you can save money. Need to address the OEM air cleaner too, or just run without one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
yeah modded bagger stocks sounds like crap...but if your going to try it start with a 1/2 hole to start ..and try em..u go too big a hole and u loose back flow and they sound/perform worse..dont ask how i know...but u might get lucky...also .u can find quiet aftermarket sets on ebay to try before you spend big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts