V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very Close to picking up a Road King special. My dealer has one he received a little over a week ago, I have read around the Internet quite a bit about problems but I know how they can be blown out of proportion. My question is, on a stock 107, has there been any issues I should be concerned about or do you think it's safe to go ahead. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the 2018's, although I would like to go on our annual road trip this year and currently I am Bike less as I sold my ultra last year. Most of the problems I've seen from what I can decipher from all the other clutter have been with stage III and IV builds? I know nobody can give me an absolute answer but just wondering if there is concern enough to wait. Thanks in advance for all your opinions, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
m8

just coming up on 10k on my roadglide m8. so far replaced clutch interlock, it began only starting in neutral. at 5k, started puking oil and filled air cleaner. dealer replaced valves in rocker boxes, fixed. no biggy on either problem. Tampa Harley treating me like a king. Harley corporate is very supportive on this engine. their future will be determined by the success of this engine.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I am running two both have about 3500 miles. Best bike I have ever owned. No issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just can't pull the trigger on a 17 this close to the 18's on deck. There has been some concerning issues (on other threads) although a small percent. I am hoping IF there are issues the MOCO will address. Prob only costing myself more cash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had my Road Glide Ultra for a little over a month now with 2200+ miles and it's first trip to the Dragon. No issues and all smiles on my part. This thing has some get up and go. ~!Awesome!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Had my Road Glide Ultra for a little over a month now with 2200+ miles and it's first trip to the Dragon. No issues and all smiles on my part. This thing has some get up and go. ~!Awesome!
Glad you are having fun with it. I will be over to the welcomes in a little while. I am waiting for Norm to say hello first. By the way I am extremely jealous.

·
Registered
167 Posts
impressions

now am at 1700 miles on '17 RGU, no problems, but don't like cat. I installed Rinehart slip=ons, and am thinking of Rinehart slimline headers. Don't want true duals, don't like the flat spot. may spring for headers if I don't need tuner and A/C. I'll talk to dealer about it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
stage 1

read up a bit on stage 1. If I buy the slimline duals from rinehart, I need a tune. some guys go with ax-fied ecu spoofer, don't want to guess about that, although have used it on other bikes successfully. here we go
slimline headers(2/1/2, hopefully no true dual flat spot) $700
tts tuner: $450
SE A/C-$200
Dyno:$350
Labor:$200

yikes!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just can't pull the trigger on a 17 this close to the 18's on deck. There has been some concerning issues (on other threads) although a small percent. I am hoping IF there are issues the MOCO will address. Prob only costing myself more cash.

There's always some issues someplace. I wouldn't worry about that. As far as the 18's are concerned, if you're looking at the Touring based bikes, they're done. It's going to be Sfttails and Dynas or whatever. Maybe some new colors. That's all.

They already pissed off the Rushmore buyers by making them obsolete.

·
Registered
15 Posts
read up a bit on stage 1. If I buy the slimline duals from rinehart, I need a tune. some guys go with ax-fied ecu spoofer, don't want to guess about that, although have used it on other bikes successfully. here we go
slimline headers(2/1/2, hopefully no true dual flat spot) $700
tts tuner: $450
SE A/C-$200
Dyno:$350
Labor:$200

yikes!
What do you mean by. True dual flat spot

·
Registered
167 Posts
flat spot

on my original M8, i went to stage 1 with rinehart true duals. i noticed a flat spot at around 2500 rpm. no flat spot stock and according to rinehart, no flat spot with the slimline 2/1/2 headers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stage IV v III

Hi Folks, just something to think about with the 107 upgrades, unless you are riding above 5000 revs, I note the Stage IV and Stage III are pretty matched up to that 4500 RPM so why go for the extra Stage IV. Personally, I think the extra HP is irrelevant unless you ride above 100MPH .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Running stock with Stage 1 S&S MK45 and Fullsac header and I don't see the need to crack the cases or lift the jugs to move up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very Close to picking up a Road King special. My dealer has one he received a little over a week ago, I have read around the Internet quite a bit about problems but I know how they can be blown out of proportion. My question is, on a stock 107, has there been any issues I should be concerned about or do you think it's safe to go ahead. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the 2018's, although I would like to go on our annual road trip this year and currently I am Bike less as I sold my ultra last year. Most of the problems I've seen from what I can decipher from all the other clutter have been with stage III and IV builds? I know nobody can give me an absolute answer but just wondering if there is concern enough to wait. Thanks in advance for all your opinions, much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts