V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the stock hp and tq of a twin cam 88 someone tryed tellin me it was close to 80 and i dont belive that for a second that means the 204 cams i just put in it dident do anything for my torque or hp? somee explain that for me:boxin:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
The factory specs the tq between 84 & 86 lbs. depending on model. I was told the stock hp was anywhere from 62 to 64. The site Sarge links to looks more realistic.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
midnight sporty said:
whats the stock hp and tq of a twin cam 88 someone tryed tellin me it was close to 80 and i dont belive that for a second that means the 204 cams i just put in it dident do anything for my torque or hp? somee explain that for me:boxin:
How do you like the 204's?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
midnight sporty said:
Maybe 80hp at the crankshaft but close to 63-64 at the wheel on a dyno.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i havent riden the bike yet it was just on the dyno today at it pulled 80 hp and 80 tq exact that with the 204's i was lookin at the graph and from what i see all the power and tq are right wear i want it to be so we will see in a couple weeks,, damn snow,, yeah this guy said he dynoed his fat boy stock
at it was at 78 hp and 80 tq, im calling bs on this how bout you guys...
buy the way thanks for the help so far:boxin: :boxin:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
midnight sporty said:
i havent riden the bike yet it was just on the dyno today at it pulled 80 hp and 80 tq exact that with the 204's i was lookin at the graph and from what i see all the power and tq are right wear i want it to be so we will see in a couple weeks,, damn snow,, yeah this guy said he dynoed his fat boy stock
at it was at 78 hp and 80 tq, im calling bs on this how bout you guys...
buy the way thanks for the help so far:boxin: :boxin:
ah yep. Wear tall boots so you can wade through it.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
My bone stock 03 Dyna made 59.3 hp 69.9 tq

With the aircleaner and mufflers listed in my sig, made 66.4 hp 75.6 tq

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
dyno with the 3.29 final drive, Crane 300-2 cams, and DTT ignition comming soon

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
I made 70/80 With Ovals, SE A/F, and PC III. 05 Road Glide

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
The website Sarge mentioned above shows 67 hp and 80.4 torque for the stock 2005 FLHTCI. I guess that's at the rear wheel, correct?

A recent Cycle World article shows the stock '06 SE FLHTCUI with the 103" engine at 79 hp/79 tq. rated, although I don't know where the number came from. They loved the bike but hated it's $33.9K price tag. :)

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
hey laf where have you been? hows the bike holding up any more problems?
No more problems but waiting to install what I should have done a year ago on the original build.

Anxious to try the GP Pinion Support in the primary with the 3:37 gears. And I am very anxious to try the complete Feuling setup in the cam side.

And of course getting the Forged rocker supports in for that piece of mind.

Thanks for asking.

If that 103 only made those numbers I would never want one for sure.

Your mileage may vary but my "stock" bikes made those numbers on a NEW dyno jet with PC III, and those 2 other mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts