V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 03 RoadKing with stock 88" A engine. The current mileage is +115k. The current upgrades are SE Quick Adjust Push Rods, SE 203 Cams, SE Hydraulic Cam Plate, SE Stage 1 download, SE Breather and Rinehart True Duals. The engine currently runs very well, for what it is, and does not use oil or smoke. It has just developed a tick in the front cylinder and is most-likely a wrist pin noise. It looks like some engine work is in order this winter.

I plan to do a SE 95" Big Bore Kit with Stage 2 download or a new set of 88" take-off jugs and pistons. I don't really want a fire breathing, ground pounding monster. I just want a dependable engine that I can run across country with no problems.

I know that there are several forum members that do head porting. I know that I can go with SE Heads, but I really don't think that they are the most bang for the buck. I know that I should do something with the current heads, since they have high miles on them. What is your recommendation? If you are one of the "Forum Head Guru's" feel free to let me know what you think. All information is appreciated. Thanks in advance, for your time and trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Send those heads to R&R Cycle and let them do the stage that fits you. They have a couple of new cnc programs that will get you where you want to be with new guides, valves, and springs. In some instances seats also.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Danny,
Any update on your engine?
How do you know that it is your Wrist pin making the noise?
My 96 rattles like crazy when cold.

Barney

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Danny, Any update on your engine?
How do you know that it is your Wrist pin making the noise?
My 96 rattles like crazy when cold. Barney
JT;

We put a stethoscope on the whole engine. The front cylinder has considerable noise, especially when hot. I am still weighing my options, as for the update on the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts