V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the head gasket thickness is on a stock (1990) Evo? I've been looking through several sources to buy new ones and they list several thickness such as 0.045 and 0.065, etc. I've scoured my '90 manual last night and cannot find any reference to the stock thickness. I like to know the stock dimension, so I can guesstimate the effect of the new ones...

TIA!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Stock ones should be .045. They make different thickness gaskets so you can change the comression ratio by small amounts if you have problems. Thicker less compression, thinner more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Evo head gasket thickness

wurkenman said:
Stock ones should be .045. They make different thickness gaskets so you can change the comression ratio by small amounts if you have problems. Thicker less compression, thinner more.
Sorry to dig-up such an old thread, but I would appreciate some clarification on head gasket thicknesses for evo's. Is the stock evo head gasket .045" new, or "crushed"?

When buying Cometic, or other after-market, head gaskets, does the size of, say, .03" or .04" refer to new or "crushed" thickness?

Thanks very much for any clarification.

Frank Nosek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.