V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place for this, and maybe someone can help me out.

Last winter when I took my bike into the dealer for the first maintenance at 1000 miles, it was bone stock other than my stage one. Since they had it during the winter time I hadnt been riding it and was actually going to get it back just in time to go to Daytona for Bike Week. Well I didnt notice right away but about 2 weeks after getting it back I noticed that my stock passenger seat had been replaced with the touring seat. Im not sure if maybe they mistakenly put that seat on from someone elses bike or maybe they damaged my original one and that was all that they had on hand. Either way I never bothered to say anything, but now I am wanting a stock seat back for it because I hate the way the touring seat looks.

So Long story short, does anyone have a stock rear seat they might wanna trade for my touring seat? The seat has been sat on one time since Ive had it on my bike, its as good as new.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Another option

That touring seat is much more expensive than the stock seat. Good trade for anyone looking for a seat with more padding. If you don't get any takers you can probably pick up a replacement stock Deluxe seat on eBay for less than $50. By the way, you can sell your touring seat for at least $50...probably more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Mustangdale said:
I hope this is the right place for this, and maybe someone can help me out.

Last winter when I took my bike into the dealer for the first maintenance at 1000 miles, it was bone stock other than my stage one. Since they had it during the winter time I hadnt been riding it and was actually going to get it back just in time to go to Daytona for Bike Week. Well I didnt notice right away but about 2 weeks after getting it back I noticed that my stock seat had been replaced with the touring seat. Im not sure if maybe they mistakenly put that seat on from someone elses bike or maybe they damaged my original one and that was all that they had on hand. Either way I never bothered to say anything, but now I am wanting a stock seat back for it because I hate the way the touring seat looks.

So Long story short, does anyone have a stock rear seat they might wanna trade for my touring seat? The seat has been sat on one time since Ive had it on my bike, its as good as new.
You've only rode it once since getting it back?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
There are always 2 or 3 stock Deluxe seats on e-bay.

Bwana01

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fourhour said:
You've only rode it once since getting it back?

Oh no, I ride alot. My bike is my primary transportation, but at the time it was like 3 degrees out side with 10 inches of snow on the ground so I hadnt used it at all. It was just sitting arounding waiting to get trailered to Daytona before I noticed it.

EDIT : I just noticed I failed to write, passenger seat. The seat was still the stock one, the passenger seat had been replaced not the main seat :)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Mustangdale said:
Oh no, I ride alot. My bike is my primary transportation, but at the time it was like 3 degrees out side with 10 inches of snow on the ground so I hadnt used it at all. It was just sitting arounding waiting to get trailered to Daytona before I noticed it.

EDIT : I just noticed I failed to write, passenger seat. The seat was still the stock one, the passenger seat had been replaced not the main seat :)
Oh, I see now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts