V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tore fatboy down rebuilding most items and when I pulled the stock can plate I found a plastic material in the circle in back if csm pkate where one of the oil passages let oil in. It’s not soft like I ring it’s a plastic material. Anyone have any idea what this is or could be.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
for the black sruff,, if hard,, I'm with ther.,,, the white looking material. looks like chain tensioner shoe material,,, which could also be from the hydraulic tensioners on the balancer chain

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s black plastic. This is the first time I’ve ever been in this motor. When I bought bike in 03 I gave to my parents and they never did anything at all to it. Then when I got back about a year ago I took to the shop and had the S&S 510 gear drive system installed. That is all that has been done to this until now. It is not rubber like a seal or o-ring it is like a piece of plastic from a small Walmart swimming pool you buy to keep your dogs cool. Sorry for that explanation but that is the closest item I could think of that the material feels like. Anyways it’s definitely plastic not rubber. I’ve e never been into these (B) motors. Your saying the balance4 could have shredded and pushed through into the cam plate. Any thoughts, ideas, and advice is appreciate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike did not vibrate or anything. This has been one of the best running engines I’ve ever owned consistently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts