V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the realitic number of miles that I should be changing the stock air filter on a completely stock Twin-Cam engine under "normal" use conditions.

Thank you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The manual says to service it every 5000 miles which I would assume means replacing it, unless you have a K&N that is washable.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
It totally depends on bike/person and how and where they ride. I have seen stockers with 2500 on them that were nasty and i have also seen some with 8-10k on them that were pasaable...Just go K+n and never worry about it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Last time 10k plus. Probably should have dne it early. Didn't notice any differance. For me once year, which is 10-15k. Though all in all follow manufactors suggestion.

I got SE with reusable filter, think K&N?? Lots of rust, lots of rust.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I just serviced my K&N SE filter..and there was LOTS AND LOTS of rust on the medallion star-bracket, and the outside face of the filter. Inside was clean. I treated the face fo the filter with "Evapo-rust", a non-toxic corrosion remover, washed and dried, then masked off the filter and hit it with several nice coats of Rustoleum. The medallion covers the rustoleum primer, so appearance is a non-issue, and the filter *should* be rust resistant now. we'll see!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
put in a K & N and just start saving yourself some money. Best prices I have seen are at www.fox-performance.com

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
All righty then.............

wkohn said:
put in a K & N and just start saving yourself some money. Best prices I have seen are at www.fox-performance.com
Here ya go, IF this is the right one

Fox = (shipping unknown at this point) (EDIT: Free shipping on orders over $35)
Replacement Air Filter
Quantity in Basket: none
Code: HD-1395
Price: $69.87

eBay =
K&N high flow air filter hd-1395 Harley Davidson
US $59.99
Buyer pays $6.99 for shipping and handling
Total - $66.98

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
The_Snowman said:
Here ya go, IF this is the right one

Fox = (shipping unknown at this point)
Replacement Air Filter
Quantity in Basket: none
Code: HD-1395
Price: $69.87

eBay =
K&N high flow air filter hd-1395 Harley Davidson
US $59.99
Buyer pays $6.99 for shipping and handling
Total - $66.98
I forgot to mention I had done the poorman's SE A/C and at the time Fox had the best price on the HD-0800.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
change it? wash it with soap and water,rinse it out let it dry and reoil it with fogging oil. put it back in.should last alot of years. i changed mine once on my 85.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts