V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Dont mean to jump the post but i have an 02 flstfi fatboy with stage1 and V&H bigshot staggereds without pc111.I just did a dyno run and it registered 72.20hp.I'm having the pc installed this week.What should i expect.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
enrique said:
Dont mean to jump the post but i have an 02 flstfi fatboy with stage1 and V&H bigshot staggereds without pc111.I just did a dyno run and it registered 72.20hp.I'm having the pc installed this week.What should i expect.
Should be a bit more. With a good tuner your bike should peform better
through out the eintire rpm range. You should also see better overall
gas mileage, if you care about that.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
Can a stock 88b motor with Python3 pipes, Pro charger and power commander make 85hp?
Only way you'll get close is if you add the right cams and that might be
a bit of a stretch. IMO and past experience.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
nvsteve said:
Should be a bit more. With a good tuner your bike should peform better
through out the eintire rpm range. You should also see better overall
gas mileage, if you care about that.
Thanks, thats good to know.But what would be a little more?FWIW the installers are an authorized dealer for pc and dyno.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I have a stock 88 with a PC III, Stage I flash, SE Air Cleaner, and SuperTrapp 2into1 tuneable pipes. The (well regarded on this site) tuner was able to get 75.5 HP and 78.8T (5th gear run). I think that's pretty optimized for a TC88 with no cams or heads. People may disagree, but I'm happy with it until I go BIG.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
enrique said:
Thanks, thats good to know.But what would be a little more?FWIW the installers are an authorized dealer for pc and dyno.
See Lunkers post above. Some might disagree because of the 5th gear
run. It may be optimal but not out of reason in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I have the same question

95" on a Road King, Sampson Ovuls, SE cleaner, Andrews 26G cams and a PCIII. I recently had some work done and afterwards they put in on the dyno. I thought I would be in the 90's at the rear wheel. Only in the low 80's.
:huh:

I have the last printout and it does show a decent looking curve. The curve tops out though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Curve

That's a great looking curve, Lunker! It's even more impressive that you got that kind of power with no cams or head...how does the bike even run!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
Can a stock 88b motor with Python3 pipes, Pro charger and power commander make 85hp?
Ummm :hmmm: Nope.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
OrangeTJ said:
That's a great looking curve, Lunker! It's even more impressive that you got that kind of power with no cams or head...how does the bike even run!
Thanks OT,
I am enjoying the hell out of it. I think Ken at Black Hills Customs did a great job. The engine runs nice and smooth and is really strong at all RPMs now. I tear ass all over the place now like I'm on a ricer. It scares me to think what it'll be like when I get a 98" done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts