V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find an aftermarket stereo that will work with existing controls? Even a used HD stock stereo would be okay. Just can't see spending $700+ for a new one.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
As far as I know there is no other radio that works with the existing controls. You can look on e-bay. They have one from time to time. There is also a guy called Moose in FL (Moose's HD parts) that has a lot of used parts and claims to be able to get anything. I'll try to find the website for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
interface

PAC said:
we have an interface that will allow you to use the handlebar audio controls to control an aftermarket stereo. www.go2pac.com
Looked at site but I was unsure as to what I was looking for, found a wiring diagram, or is there actual hardware for this mod? This appears to be a great help, am interested , thanks.

·
kids college fund
151 Posts
sony xplode will work with existing controls . have one on mine . takes an adapter . a plus is it is sirrius satellite ready .

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
+1 for Biketronics interface unit. It's a hard-wired device that your Base Audio Connector (that would plug into the back of the HD radio) and into the Sony headunit, and preserves your handlebar controls.

·
kids college fund
151 Posts
biketronics also has the best speakers also . put their sony xplode , speakers , and amp on . great sound . you will not be sorry with it .

·
kids college fund
151 Posts
:hystria::hystria:wow !!! if the stock hd stereo cost $700.00 6 years ago what does it cost now ? good thing we told that guy where to get a good buy .:hystria::hystria:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts