V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to have my heads ported and polished and add a nice cam this winter on my 03 ultra. was thinking about goin to 95 as well. what would would be the difference in an 88 verse 95 with the same engine mods?..is it worth the extra $$ goin 95 in.?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
wanting to have my heads ported and polished and add a nice cam this winter on my 03 ultra. was thinking about goin to 95 as well. what would would be the difference in an 88 verse 95 with the same engine mods?..is it worth the extra $$ goin 95 in.?
Yes, the extra cubes will complement the head work and cam, we take the stock cylinders to 98" more often than 95" but offer both. No negative issues either way. One cube usually equals one torque or horse on a mild build.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Going bigger is a great way to up the tq. We have installed the 98 inch kit with stock heads 26 cam and had great results. Tq coming in at 100 ftlbs and 88 hp. ALl with stock ex and slip on mufflers.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanx guys thats what i am lookin for more torque. i do a lot of two ridin in the hills/ mountains. iwant a decent build that is reliable and last me a while

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts
Go at least 95", you'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Do it, you will love it!

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
If you are going to pull it apart you may as well go bigger. Cost wise it really isn't that much more, especially if you go to 95 and get your stock cylinders bored. Just don't ask about forged vs. cast pistons. You'll open up yet another endless argument about which is best, but if you want my opinion for what it's worth, cast works just fine for most people.

·
Registered
259 Posts
95" = ability to produce more than 100 Tq. with a mild build that will run forever! The SE 95" was the best running stock motor they made. I love my 103, but the work that went into getting it to run as cool and strong, the 95" was just exhaust, AC, tuner and tune. Love the 95!!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
HYPERFORMANCE is the place to go ! go to his website kingofcubes.com

This guy is #1 because we all know...Knowbody remembers 2nd Place !

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Labor and parts cost for the 95", in three stages went like this, @ 1000 k miles: stage 1 pipes , tuner and AC ( canned map) $1,400.00 still 88" cubic. from 68 hp and 70 tq to 74 hp and 76 tq.

@ 20- k miles: Cams, rods, lifters, injectors, dyno $1,500.00 , 88" cubic. 80 hp and 82 tq

@ 30 k miles: 95" Jugs, pistons, new rods (aluminum's broke) and dyno, $1,000.00 - 99 hp and 105 tq. (labor paid by HD)

All work done by hardtailz and rc cycles

Fun factor priceless!

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Just do it!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I thikn it may have been one of the guys that left NHRS and started another shop. The name Aron wilson rings a bell.

Price wise our kit is back on special $475 forged CP pistons, Boring cylinders ( yours or exchange) fitted rings, and cometic top end gasket kit. This is for 95, 98, 103 and 107 kits .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanx for the replies, i'm headed to shop sat to see about gettin head woek done. owner said he got a deal on a set of le pistons and a cam that someone didn't pay for he could make me a great deaL ON..we'll take it from there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts