V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Daytona (had a good time). But on the trip to Daytona from Texas and back to Texas the 06 Classic would not start. Started fine the whole week I was in Daytona so I don't believe it is a heating problem (got plenty hot waiting in traffic). The problem only occurs after running down the highway for 3-4 hours, stop for gas, hit the start button, no sound nothing, let off the start button and you hear a clunk. Both legs of the trip it started fine the first gas stop. Second gas stop and from then on get ready to push start. Starts fine the next day after getting home, but haven't been on the road yet. Daytona Harley shop could not repeat problem, they just checked all connections batterly and charging. No findings. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what they said. :hmmm: I have not had a chance to go through it myself. That is the plan for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
When the starter fails, is there any other electrical things that work
(lights, horn, radio). When the main breaker goes open all electrical devices are without power. It will reset when it cools off. If other electrical devices work when starter fails, the main breaker is not the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything else Radio etc works. Would turn the radio off while I sit there feeling stupid to be pushing a 5 month old bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts