V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Harley Davidson Softail - I had a bad tank of gas in my bike. Drained the tank and accidentally put in diesel. Immediately drained tank. Added fresh tank of gasoline. Bike starts and will idle but when you rev the engine it dies. What could be causing this? If you change the battery does the Dynajet Commander V tuner lose its memory? How do you reload the map to the tuner? How do you change the fuel pump and where are the fuel filters located on the bike/?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does not cause the tuner to lose its tune, so no need to remap.
The fuel pump and filter is in the tank.
Did you try to start it with the diesel in there?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
2010 Harley Davidson Softail - I had a bad tank of gas in my bike. Drained the tank and accidentally put in diesel.
Going to give the benefit of the doubt here and treat this like it is a legitimate post..

Bike starts and will idle but when you rev the engine it dies. What could be causing this?
Probably whatever made you think you had a bad tank of gas to begin with...

If you change the battery does the Dynajet Commander V tuner lose its memory? How do you reload the map to the tuner? How do you change the fuel pump and where are the fuel filters located on the bike/?
You need to read your Dynojet manual, and get a Factory Service Manual.

·
Registered
17,272 Posts
First off get ALL of the diesel out of the fuel lines.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts