V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I have 2001 superglide with a 95” S&S kit...I try to start bike and it doesn’t want to start when it’s cold like over night after a ride...it starts with a shot of staring spray and it stays running all day, after the initial pop...not sure what the problem is...I’ve had carb rebuilt twice since I’ve had bike...this is the last mechanical problem I have with this bike as of right now...it’s a stock Harley carb...I have a smooth bore mikuni carb in the garage...but I catch all sorts of slack because it’s not American...but I heard they are nice carbs..any help would be appreciated..thanks

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
is your enricher working , after its running does it change the idle speed when you pull it ?
what jets are in the carb , have you checked for intake leaks ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
With the air filter off look inside the carb and see if it squirts fuel. (With it not running) Could be the accelerator pump. Also check fuel flow from petcock. Does it have a vacuum operated one? (My 1st guess)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd guess something simple. As said, check to see if the accelerator pump is giving a good squirt and that there's not some crud in the bowl or fuel filter. CV Performance has rebuild kits. I'm sure others do too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts