V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 FSTFI with a 95 ci stage 2 kit. I have had it since July.

This bike was my uncle's and I not to sure on all upgrades, but I am some what familiar with what it has in it.

THE PROBLEM IS: When it sits for a day in direct sunlight, when I am at work, the bike hesitates when starting. First attempt at starting it will fire but not start, then after this it will sometime fire on a second try, but a couple of times it took longer. I am worried there maybe some fuel issues, and some engine techs I work with emtioned vapor lock, not to sure if this could be the problem. Also I am not sure if this is a common problem with bike that have a bgi bore kit.

Any input owuld be greatly appreciated. Ask me anything that will help diagnose the situation.

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like your loosing fuel pressure.
Try powering up and down a couple times without starting and see if it starts after a third or forth try.
You may have a problem inside the fuel tank, causing an internal fuel leak.
Connecting a fuel pressure gauge would help, but if it starts right up doing the above ritual, you’re loosing pressure somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts