V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the '07 SG for a blast last night and it ran a best of 14.5 with the music pumping. Bike is completely stock. Loads of fun to ride the bagger down the blacktop. My best mate rode my Dyna in the other lane on our 4 runs for the night and his best time was 12.35. Huge world of difference between the 2. Good fun all the same. SG is going in for its BB kit in 3 weeks time and then the racing will be alot closer. Looking forward to a 12 second Bagger.

karlrockdrain

·
Registered
275 Posts
karlrockdrain said:
Took the '07 SG for a blast last night and it ran a best of 14.5 with the music pumping. Bike is completely stock. Loads of fun to ride the bagger down the blacktop. My best mate rode my Dyna in the other lane on our 4 runs for the night and his best time was 12.35. Huge world of difference between the 2. Good fun all the same. SG is going in for its BB kit in 3 weeks time and then the racing will be alot closer. Looking forward to a 12 second Bagger.

karlrockdrain
Hey Karl, good to see you having a go m8, whats an 07 SG? ( sorry not up to date with new models) did you get it on the scales?
cheers

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lakes

Hey Lakes,

Picked up a Demo 2007 Street Glide with 8000km's on it for a good price and as me or none of my mates have a bagger- we thought why not try one. Bike weighs about 350kilo's. Surpirising how much fun to ride and how well it handles. Expected it to be top heavy, but that is really only at very low speeds. Once you are on your way, no problems at all and they sure as comfy.

I have some vidoe footage of the 2 bikes racing- try and put it on youtube and a link to it this weekend.

By the way, got lots of funny looks from the Jappa crowd and even spectators did a double take at seeing a Bagger in the pit lanes!!!!

karlrockdrain

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
karlrockdrain said:
My best mate rode my Dyna in the other lane on our 4 runs for the night and his best time was 12.35. Huge world of difference between the 2. Good fun all the same.
karlrockdrain
Haha. Can just picture Nelly on the SB, he woulda made it look like a mini bike, especially with the mid controls. :harhar:
Good stuff.
I hate not ever being home on a Wednesday.

Stix.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stix

The Motorplex is running every second Monday as well to handle the overflow from Wednesday nights so the story is. Need to go to the website and checkup- presume it includes Bikes as well.

Nelly looks downright funny on the StreetBob- he asked me to check out the Nightster for him down at SW Harley,can you imagine how 6'5 would look on that!!!!

Your rings sent?

karlrockdrain

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Motorplex

Yeah. Checked their website. Won't be home for the next one but will be on the 12th November, will have the bike goin' by then by geezus! One way or another.
No good news on rings yet, not likely to get bike back next week now.

Stix.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
karlrockdrain said:
Hey Lakes,

Picked up a Demo 2007 Street Glide with 8000km's on it for a good price and as me or none of my mates have a bagger- we thought why not try one. Bike weighs about 350kilo's. Surpirising how much fun to ride and how well it handles. Expected it to be top heavy, but that is really only at very low speeds. Once you are on your way, no problems at all and they sure as comfy.

I have some vidoe footage of the 2 bikes racing- try and put it on youtube and a link to it this weekend.

By the way, got lots of funny looks from the Jappa crowd and even spectators did a double take at seeing a Bagger in the pit lanes!!!!

karlrockdrain
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/claydbal/dragstrip/?action=view&current=baggervszook.flv
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/claydbal/dragstrip/?action=view&current=baggerkickscbx.flv

first is our bagger running 8.03 1/8, second is whipping up on a honda cbx.
aint it fun? we hope to get into the 7's tonite if no rainout.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
Totenkopf said:
Karl,
I think claydbal is trying to beat a 7.26 in the 1/8th and a 11.47 in the 1/4. At least that what the class records are right now for Street Dresser.
hehe, long way from that, and we will be using a different bagger. bought an 02 flht salvage bike.

the SE flh is just so we can figure how to launch a bagger and get our act together.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Claydbal

Jesus, that Bagger has some balls and your man knows how to launch that big baby. Great Vid. What motor are you running in that at the moment- something special for sure.

I cant wait to we do the 107 kit in the SG. Booked for the install in another couple of weeks. Should be fun putting the 2x 107kits side by side up the blacktop. Dyna should win due to its weight and higher compression, bigger cams.

Couple of boys will get a shock at the lights when an old mans bike gives them some grief. :harhar: :harhar:

Got to keep us informed of the 02 Bagger you are setting up to run as well.

karlrockdrain

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
ok, here are the specs on the one in the video.

04 SE electra glide
stock internals, never had the rocker covers or cam cover off.
fatcat w/ standard baffle
thundermax tuner

thats it!!

our pilot
150 lbs
drags kawasaki and has won many races around here
cuts the light at .510 average. .500 tree.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Karl know what you mean now.
Claybal was fun to watch your video, you can can get beat by a slower bike if the rider can do a quick reaction and a quick 60'.
two years back at winternationals at Willowbank raceway Queensland(state) we had a guy over from New Zealand with a road king he had a 124"s&s with the tunned S&S EFI had a small slick on it but no wheelie bar, said clutch was slipping bad (think this helped) he ran 10.7 consistent but clutch burnt out.
personally i think that clutch was perfect for just racing, all he needed to do was change the clutch pack after every pass like the Top Bikes do.
that bagger was going out with front wheel off the deck every pass.till clutch went.
that EFI 124 s&s seemed to be a good set up for a bagger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts