V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about Kuryakyn's new Staggered Double Jett air cleaner?

I'm currently running an open K&N filter with only an insert for a cover. I was just looking for a better cover design than the HD football as I'm starting to think that an open filter isn't the best way to go for improved airflow, but I ran across this new Kuryakyn design and thought it looked kind of interesting.

Any thoughts on how this might perform?

Here's a link.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
No offence, but if that was the absolute best flowing air cleaner ever invented and guaranteed 10 hp increase, I still wouldn't put that on my bike. IMHO

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
I, well never mind:xhere:

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
springer- said:
No offence, but if that was the absolute best flowing air cleaner ever invented and guaranteed 10 hp increase, I still wouldn't put that on my bike. IMHO
LOL! I dunno, I kinda like it. You can't say it isn't different.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
springer- said:
440 bucks no less. i dont think even PeeWee would put that on his bike.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hi Snaps, Silver Bullet once reffered to these types of intakes as being able to catch on parked cars and parking meteres etc.........ha!

But I like the design......................got to think outside the square!

All the best, Ozzie

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Hi Snaps, Silver Bullet once reffered to these types of intakes as being able to catch on parked cars and parking meteres etc.........ha!
We still have plenty of debris blowing around from hurricane Wilma. Maybe I could volunteer for neighborhood cleanup and just ride around spearing stuff. Might have to warn everyone to keep their kids indoors for a while, though.

I'm still curious if anyone has any ideas about the performance of this thing. I'm wondering if it's just a remade Hypercharger.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
fugly

Snaps said:

I'm currently running an open K&N filter with only an insert for a cover. I was just looking for a better cover design than the HD football as I'm starting to think that an open filter isn't the best way to go for improved airflow, but I ran across this new Kuryakyn design and thought it looked kind of interesting.

Here's a link.
Looks like thetailights from anold caddy.Ido however like the new"scramjet" filter from tp engineering.

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Interesting look. Don't think I'd want it on my bike, but it might look good on the hood of my old Benz.

BTW, where do the batteries go? :nope:

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Jeez, I wouldn't put that on Your bike - never mind mine. It's crap and it looks like sh1t - IMHO of course :D

Pete

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Snaps said:

Here's a link.
Just as a matter of interest, it actually does flow more without the cover or at least a modified cover and Dewey Spegs site has a cover that looks pretty and allows the filter to breath........dyno proven..........will not catch on parked cars, trees, children etc. etc.
BTW foam filter flow better longer than paper filters, paper filter have a slight advantage when new but actually flow less than foam when they start to get dirty.
All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Just as a matter of interest, it actually does flow more without the cover or at least a modified cover and Dewey Spegs site has a cover that looks pretty and allows the filter to breath........dyno proven..........will not catch on parked cars, trees, children etc. etc.
BTW foam filter flow better longer than paper filters, paper filter have a slight advantage when new but actually flow less than foam when they start to get dirty.
All the best, Ozzie
Just out of curiosity Oz, I wonder if that unit, or similar design, could enhance a pulse wave with an "umbella shroud" if it were mounted backwards...my thought is to reduce the required length of the pulse in a "sterile enviroment" such as a dyno chamber, when on the pavement. Pontiac put a "rocker box" on the firebirds/trans am series in the 70's....I wonder....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
kelly said:
Just out of curiosity Oz, I wonder if that unit, or similar design, could enhance a pulse wave with an "umbella shroud" if it were mounted backwards...my thought is to reduce the required length of the pulse in a "sterile enviroment" such as a dyno chamber, when on the pavement. Pontiac put a "rocker box" on the firebirds/trans am series in the 70's....I wonder....
Ah.........hmmmm:whatever: oh just forget it..probably burn your leg or something.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts