V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from three hours at my local non-Harley Harley store where they installed a jet kit, K&N filter (stock housing) and punched the stock pipes on my '03 FXD. Sounds good....runs good. What else is there? :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
trooper113 said:
What else is there? :D
Is this a rhetorical question based on your previous sentences, or are you asking about futher modification possibilities?

wyo

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Stage One

wyodude said:

Is this a rhetorical question based on your previous sentences, or are you asking about futher modification possibilities?

wyo
You're right.....I was unclear. Rhetorical qiestion. I was just being pleased at the way those mods came out. Lots of mods left to do, not enough bucks at the moment. As far as I can tell, mods never end.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stage One

trooper113 said:

Lots of mods left to do, not enough bucks at the moment. As far as I can tell, mods never end.
True, true.

:D

wyo

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the non-Harley store and I going to jail forever because of modding the exhaust? That's okay....we all have to be somewhere. As my best friend, a retired Secret Service agent, said at my retirement dinner, "Remember.....no matter where you find yourself in life, there you are."

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I think the EPA 's gots bigger fish to fry. Its good to see shops doing some work for folks, I know of a shop that helps folks get good sound out of there cars, as long as they dont tuch the cats no problems. Thats one way around it for bikes, install a hole new system and you tampered with nothing, but then again whats the differance as far as noise goes?

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. Also most of the good aftermarket systems are significantly louder than a punched factory muffler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts