V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a STAGE 1 kit installed on a 2002 Twin 88 EFI engine. Runs okay but I noticed a quick pop or crack from the exhaust if accelerating hard to moderate and releasing the throttle to shift gears. Normally occurs at lower gears. The noise is not a loud backfire but a very noticeable pop or muffled crack. Riders next to me have noticed it as well. I took the bike back to the dealership and was told by the service manager that this was normal for bikes with the Stage 1 Kit installed. Is this true or am I getting a line of BS?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
ajaxn47,

I just had Stage 1 done on my 02 RK (SE breather kit, SE slip-ons for FLTs, reflash) on Friday.

My bike makes a cool burbling sound on deceleration with an occasional pop (again only on deceleration). I found that I could stop the "pop" by completely releasing any twist on the throttle.

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
458 Posts
:) I'v got a 2000 Ultra with 18000 miles on a stage 1 big bore and it does it too. Usualy 2nd to 3rd if I'm riding easy like in town.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I hate to say this but my bike is an '01 EFI and makes the same noise on deceleration with the stock mufflers - only its more "muffled".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ditto for my 2000 RK, I have had it on for about a year along with V+H pipes, love the sound and have gotten use to the popping. I gave up thinking about it. Ride On.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
I guess its a common trait. My 01 FLHRCI does it, too! You have got to love the sound though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts