V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike (2006 Dyna) back from Joe's Cycle Repair (Mechanicville, NY)! Zipper's Air Cleaner, Khrome Werks HP+ pipes (3" taper), T-Max EFI. So much smoother than stock! So much more power than stock!! :thumbsup: Pipes have a nice, deep rumble at cruise; good bark when you whack the throttle without being offensive. About as loud as SE II's but deeper tone.

Green line is before any mods were done (showroom stock), red and blue after mods and tune!!

Okay, enough posting, time to go "straddle my hog"... :chopper:​

Attachments

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
www.joescyclerepair.com

fr8dog said:
Just got my bike (2006 Dyna) back from Joe's Cycle Repair (Mechanicville, NY)! Zipper's Air Cleaner, Khrome Werks HP+ pipes (3" taper), T-Max EFI. So much smoother than stock! So much more power than stock!! :thumbsup: Pipes have a nice, deep rumble at cruise; good bark when you whack the throttle without being offensive. About as loud as SE II's but deeper tone.

Green line is before any mods were done (showroom stock), red and blue after mods and tune!!

Okay, enough posting, time to go "straddle my hog"... :chopper:​
Joe, and Bobby tune all our EFI machines.
We converse every day, in regards to many things, including some of the topics on this forum.
We have been doing business with each other for approx. 7 years now.
If it's in the bike, Joe WILL find it.
When I first came on this forum, many people chastised us for our stout EFI numbers. Yes, Joe is a fantastic tuner, but you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, either, just ask him.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted the charts not so much for "the numbers", but mostly just to show the difference I experienced in a factory engine and one that breathes like it should. Yes, it pulls nicely compared to how it used to perform and "twisting the wick" makes for a big grin, :thumbsup: but to me the most impressive change is how much smoother the engine runs....

Customer service note/shameless plug: Joe and his crew have got to be some of the nicest folks in the cycle maintenance business. I visited his shop 3 times before even hinting at dropping a dime there; in that time I had lots of questions patiently answered and was treated to a mini-education on spark maps, timing tables, dynos, etc. There was never any pressure to buy my parts from his shop either. In addition to a top of the line tune, when I got my bike back it was literally cleaner than when I left it!! :thanks:

King of Cubes: Joe told me the charts he gives to his customers are top gear pulls (6th in my case), unless they request something different. I made no such request, so I am guessing no corrections, 6th gear run, conditions at the time were temp 83F, dew point 57F, barometric pressure 30.21"Hg (yes, I actually checked....I know, I need a life...)

Hillside: You can make a silk purse from a sows ear, but you're gonna get ear wax all over your loose change :harhar:​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts