V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FLHTCUI is in the dealers for install of Stage I just the Breather Kit and the Performance Chip, I threw on the mufflers. What can I expect to pay for labor? Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Stage I

I had the Stage I, SE mufflers and Power Commander installed at my dealer and they only charged me 1/2 hour labor to install the mufflers.
They told me that if I bought the Stage I and PC from them they would only charge labor to install the mufflers.

:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
You shouldnt need a PC with the screaming eagle pipes...the generic map they flash on your bike is made exclusively for Harley & SE pipes and shouldnt require a PC..I asked my dealer about a PC on my bike, because I liked the Vance and hines slip ons.. he said it would void my warranty, and that eventually I would be looking at a new ECM down the road...sounds like BS to me, but after laying out nearly a grand for the extended warranty, i wasnt taking that chance..I would ask your service mngr about the PC....Im curious about what he may say...good luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Service Manager said there would be no warranty problems with the Power Commander if purchased and installed by them. I also purchased the extended warranty and wanted that cleared up before any modifications were made to the engine.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I asked my dealer about a power commander as well. He said They would absolutely honor the warranty if they installed it. However, after thinking about it and reading some of the threads here, I'm not sure the warranty would be good if I decided/or had to go to another dealer. greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts