V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
That auction is very deceiving. it is only the cartridge. A stage 1 has an aircleaner, pipes and they flash your bikes ecm. Your adding more air into and out of the bike so the flash adds fuel. some dealers still use the cartridge and some use a computer that they just pay harley for the number of flashes they do in a months time. There are other options to use in place of the dealer reflash. power commander III and others. I know there has been alot of discusion about the stage 1 on the new bikes here, so I'm sure someone who is familiar with it will chime in.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Until you have the cartridge loaded no way to tell if it is u sed or not. I would shy away from that, pictures as well can be loaded fro else where not to mention I have seen seen a single flash sold as a part to customer, always done in the shop as you need the scannalizer to use it.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
woody6244 said:
I have a 05 FXSTI. From what I understand the stage 1 kit is an air cleaner and a down load. I came across a auction on Ebay that includes a Harley cartridge and air cleaner is what the dealer would install? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...589700505QQcategoryZ35573QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Stage I usually means adding a higher flowing air intake along with less restrictive exhaust pipes. Whether a bike is carburated or fuel injected, these mods result in a lean condition. Carburated bikes are re-jetted, your EFI bike needs to have the ECM re-flashed. In addition to altering the fuel delivery, the Stage I reflash also raises the rev limiter from 5800 to 6200 RPM.

One last note: many HD dealers (especially) and independent shops refuse to install any parts that they did not sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts