V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2002 Harley Road King and I would like to know if there is any way of telling if it has had a Stage 1 download. The bike seems to run great, it has a stage one air cleaner and SE slip on mufflers. I'm a little conserned about it running lean. I have checked the plugs several times and they would seem to indicate that all is normal. I just purchased a Power commander and need to know ECM configuration to help select a download. Thanks for any help, Joe

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
kingjoe said:
I bought a used 2002 Harley Road King and I would like to know if there is any way of telling if it has had a Stage 1 download. The bike seems to run great, it has a stage one air cleaner and SE slip on mufflers. I'm a little conserned about it running lean. I have checked the plugs several times and they would seem to indicate that all is normal. I just purchased a Power commander and need to know ECM configuration to help select a download. Thanks for any help, Joe
With the stage 1 flash you will have a 6200 RPM limit, stock would be 5800.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stage 1 ????

I knew that there was a rev limit change with the stage 1 download but I don't have a tach so this bit of information doesn't help me. Thanks for the fast reply though. Joe :dunno:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
If you have a good relationship with a dealer they can plug in their digital technician and it will tell them the part number of the map. That'll do it...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Unless the gear ratios changed on the Road King from 1999 to 2002, the correlation between engine RPM and speedometer reading in second gear are nearly one to one. My stock 1999 ECM rev limits right at 55 MPH in second gear, so if you can get over sixty I think you’ll have your answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts