V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 500 miles in my bike. Is it too early to get the stage 1 upgrade done. I want the bike to sound like it is meant to sound.
How much does the dealer charge to do this (SE parts & labor) from those of you who had it done?

Also is bike still under warranty after the upgrade ? I hear if you do it yourself warranty is voided. Any input is appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Only the sorriest of dealers would void a H-D warrenty for you changing your pipes, more so if you up the jets in the carb to make sure your not to lean. Do it any time you want but a big benift of waiting till break in is done is you get to open it up before & after the mods to feel the differance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
On my 1200s, I first upgraded to SE II slip-ons. No rejetting needed (but S are having bigger jets than C). Much better sound, better acceleration. Did it my-self and took alf an hour. As SE is sold by Harley, warranty shouldn't be a problem. Achieved stage I later (air box, ignition and coil).

·
Riding yr rnd in sunny FL
309 Posts
I put Cycle Shack slip ons on my 883 with 3800 miles last weekend and will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have the Stage 1 and carb adjustment done. It takes about two hours labor and parts, probably about $200. The Cycle Shack slip ons were $85 from Krooners, and they took about an hour to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts