V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this forum for a while now. I have a 06 Ultra Classic with low mileage on it.

So I put on a set on Rinehart 3.5 slip ons this morning and rode it home what a difference in sound vs the 06 factory mufflers.

After getting home I put on my SE air cleaner with KN filter. The bike feels a little better already.

I did notice some soot in the right pipe but I am sure that will go away when I can get it tuned.

When I finally came home the UPS truck dropped off my SE Pro Tuner. Too bad the shop is already closed or I would have been there with the tuner in hand.

Next will be a Andrews 26 cam and gears. Hopefully before spring gets here. That will fix the potential problem with the cam chain tensioners.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just adding the hardware of the AC and slip ons made a difference, I took my bike today and had it tuned with a SE pro tuner. That made an even bigger difference. It really seamed to wake the engine up. I rode to Orlando to stretch its legs after the ECM was adjusted.

It didn't run out of breath as soon, once when I dropped a cpl of gears to pass on the turnpike I hit over 6k on the tac and it let me know.

Fuel mileage was up at 36mpg even with me playing with it and riding hard to see feel the difference.

Every one I speak to says cams will wake up my motor, if its as significant a change as the stage one upgrade I can't wait to get my cams in.

In the next few months I will be gathering the parts to install Andrews 26G cams and remove the spring tensioners. I will try the install myself. But if there is anyone in the Central Fl area that has experience at it. I would provide beer or soda to supervise me at the install.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your a big boy now Sly! IMO, you have the best era of twincam, before they became over complicated and completely dependant on electronics. Once you update everything in the camchest your gonna love it even more. While your in there don't forget the Torrington inner cam bearings and higher volume '07 oil pump!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at Georges website for the bearing puller and installer tools, as well as the torrington bearings. The oil pump I am not clear on, do I need to upgrade the whole pump or just the gear thingy? "tech term"

·
Registered
766 Posts
In '07 the MC came out with an improved pump with better scavanging and higher pressure. It bolts right on older twincams and is worth changing as long as your in there.

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Check ebay for the bearing puller too. I found mine there a couple years ago....I paid about $60 including shipping.....then resold it to someone else through VTF. Hard to justify spending a lot on something you'll use once.

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
There is now a new new oil pump from MOCO. Outflows the 07 up pump. The 120r and 120r kits have them.

I don't have a PN but someone will, surely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts