V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be a good idea to see what kind of results stage 1 upgrades are giving some bikes. Please include HP and TQ, type of pipes, headers and air cleaner. Type of fuel management system. Inclued dyno tuner facility name. Many of the new biker generation like myself, just need a good example of how the the most common upgrade is working out so that we might enlighten our choices. So
Lets here from those of you with stock 1450 cc upgrades only.

Are you happy with the results, sound and either quality or apearance of your new parts.

I just completed the stage 1 on my 06 road glide: screaming eagle race tuner,Bassani road rage 2-1, s.e. air cleaner, stock 1450 cc.

The results are in. HP increase of 2.5 and TQ increase of 3.0, House of Thunder in Morgan Hill, Ca. 190.00 dollars. The quality of bassain though not perfect, acceptable. The sound is teriffic, but what do I now except its better than stock sewwing machine. The baffle is 2.5 in." lovured and great for stock and higher performance bikes, (recomended by North County Coustoms.) Any one of you with same set up but better figures in HP & TQ.
I had to move my foot boards out .75 in" for pipes to fit. Should I be dissapointed? Hine site for all.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Um, what are your numbers? Not increases, but numbers. Also, it's hard to help w/o a dyno sheet, but something ain't right.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think Stage 1 results have been pretty much documented over the past 10 years. Its going to be tough to find people willing to dyno their bike after just a Stage 1 upgrade.

Stage 1 = "the way H-D should have delivered the bike to begin with".

·
Registered
20 Posts
'02 Deuce
Stock: 63.14hp, 70.17tq
Stage 1 download, SE AC, PCIII, D&D pipes: 71.8hp, 79.59tq
Like Mega said, your numbers sound a little low.

Joe

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
'05 FLHTCUI
SE Air Cleaner
V&H Basic Slip-Ons
Dyno tuned w/ SERT
72.31 HP, 75.58 TQ

'Course, it's Stage III now. :D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
2005 Roadking Classic

SE Air Cleaner
Vance and Hines True Dual Headers
Vance and Hines Oval Slipons
Power Commander III USB

Stock:
HP - 62.35
Torque - 69.56

Stage 1:

HP - 71.10
Torque - 76.00

I like the sound and it is nice to have exhaust come out both pipes. There was a noticeable difference in performance.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
I only had mine dyno'ed after the upgrades.
Stage 1 SE air filter
Samson Street Sweepers - no Baffles
ReJet / Carb Tuning Ray Price Harley Davidson - Raleigh, NC
Max Power 70.5
Max Torque 77.5

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I don't have a stock dyno run either.
05 Deluxe
Rush slip-ons 1.75" baffles
K&N element in stock cleaner box
SERT
Max HP 74.5
Max torque 85.5

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
BryanL said:
I don't have a stock dyno run either.
05 Deluxe
Rush slip-ons 1.75" baffles
K&N element in stock cleaner box
SERT
Max HP 74.5
Max torque 85.5
I'd love to see that dyno sheet if you can post it...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
'02 Road King

Zipper's 54 mm induction system
JIMS 120" Race Kit
Rinehart Trueduals

120 HP, 125 TQ (allegedly)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Found it. Now I understand. Got a little extra tidbit for the folks on the other side of the pond too.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque. Friction torque can be determined by measurements on special motoring dynamometers (which is only practical in research environments) or can be estimated. When estimates must be used, the SAE standard uses a default Mechanical Efficiency (ME) value of 85%. This is approximately correct at peak torque but not at other engine operating speeds. Some dynamometer systems use the SAE correction factor for atmospheric conditions but do not take mechanical efficiency into consideration at all (i.e. they assume a ME of 100%).

STD or STP Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard.

ECE (European Community), Europe. The ECE standard is based on the European Directives. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 99 kPa (29.23 InHg) of dry air and 25°C (77 F). Friction torque is not taken into consideration at all.
DIN (Deutsche Industrie Norm), Germany .The DIN standard is determined by the German automotive industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 101.3 kPa (29.33 InHg) of dry air and 20°C (68 F). With the advent of European legislation and standards, national standards such as the DIN (formerly widely used) are now less significant.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
wyodude said:
'02 Road King

Zipper's 54 mm induction system
JIMS 120" Race Kit
Rinehart Trueduals

120 HP, 125 TQ (allegedly)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Okay, now I'm jealous.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts