V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Road King Custom with the PCIII, SE Air filter, and Wild Pig slip ons......(Big difference over stock). Was thinking about getting the stage 1 ecm flash. Besides increasing the allowed rpms, is there any other advantages? Also would it damage the bike to down load the map to the PCIII before I take it to the dealer to get the flash? (That way it'll be ready to ride home). I figure if it only effects the rev limit it shouldn't hurt...but wanna be sure......

Thanks

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Don't waste your money with the dealer flash. You can get what you need out of the PCIII (except higher rev limit). What kind of riding are you going to be doing? Do you REALLY think you need the higher rev limit? Unless you do a lot of drag racing, I would think the stock limit will be more than adequate.

JMHO

YB

·
Registered
3 Posts
imo apart from the increased rev limit you also have the peace of mind that if something goes wrong with the PCIII you should be able to ride home with the stage 1 ecm flash after disconnecting the PCIII without running way to lean .....

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
You won't hurt the PCIII by doing the flash and yes it is good insurance if the PCIII fails (however rare). You will have to adjust the PCIII map to compensate for the flash. Can't speak for everyone but find myself quite often at 6,200 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts