V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with all these guys with stock bikes dyno tuning them?? :blink:

There are countless guys I ride with who have done extensive dyno tunes on STOCK BIKES that have no more than exhaust and filter kits. The last guy I talked to spent over $1000.00 for a S.E.R.T. and dyno tuning!!!!! :flames:

I run a 2002 RK with a Techlusion TFI, filter, and true duals...my bike flat RUNS, no pops no stumbles and will get 43-45 mpg. I just dont understand everyone who pushes dyno tuning on a 68 h.p. engine that is in a 775 l.b. package.

I guess its another H.D. marketing scheme to drain your wallets.:whatever:

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
If the guy paid $1000 for the sert and dyno, he got ripped off.

As for getting a virtually stock bike tuned, I see no problemw ith that. The stock bikes are shipped from the factory running very lean. Tuning it will make it run better and prevent blueing etc on the pipes from running too hot. This of course also results in longer engine life...

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
and.........if the price is right and the tuner is competent, you can get the max power available with the components used. Then again, save the cash if you are happy with the performance "just the way it is".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.