V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SE2 slip ons just orderd the poor mans SE A/C . Should I have the stage 1 download done before the install of the SE A/C ? Or if should I install the A/C before I take it to the dealer for the stage 1 download ? Thanks for all the help and info on this site, this place is awesome!!!:clap:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
A couple of options

It sounds like you have a couple things going on. "IF" you're going to do the Stage 1 download, I would just have it done before the A/C is put on. That way there's no concern of bluing pipes or anything getting too hot. You've spent enough on your ride to worry about that.

Depending on your specific setup, and each one is different, the Stage 1 may still be lean and you'll get some popping etc. At that point, you may want to do something else to clean it up further. :huh:

For the typicaly $150 for the download, you could also consider the DFO/TFI unit and install it yourself. It runs about $170 off ebay. It'll give you more flexibility for this and some minor future upgrades.

If you're planning on much more, I would consider the SERT or PCIII.

Just my $.02
Tim

PS-I'v got the SE A/C, Wild Pig Slip ons, Stage 1, and DFO.

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I really hate spending money at the dealer for anything. Everything is so way over priced. I will look into the DFO/TFI on Ebay. Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question about difference between SE stage 1 download at dealer and DFO/TFI:

Due to cash constraints all eles being equal is the SE stage 1 download at dealer and SE air cleaner best way to go? At least until Stage 2 or 3? I paln on using khrome werks HP plus slip ons. So I will have a 06 Flhxi with SE aircleaner, remapped and KW slip ons. I only have so much cash... But I want to get biggest bang for my buck. Am open to all suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Fastlane said:
Question about difference between SE stage 1 download at dealer and DFO/TFI:

Due to cash constraints all eles being equal is the SE stage 1 download at dealer and SE air cleaner best way to go? At least until Stage 2 or 3? I paln on using khrome werks HP plus slip ons. So I will have a 06 Flhxi with SE aircleaner, remapped and KW slip ons. I only have so much cash... But I want to get biggest bang for my buck. Am open to all suggestions. Thanks
I hear ya loud and clear, partner. I have a 06 FLHXI with K&N filter
and SE one piece slipons. Using the calibration #28 141NS001.A0.MT6
at the moment. I have a file the MMG sent me from another v-twin forum
I asked a question on their website. I haven't tried it yet mostly because
I don't know what results I could get.
Also wondering how to do the Data Mode with a laptop to see what
the ECU is doing right now and before doing a map switch.

any advice would help for others too.

·
OLDBOY
784 Posts
IMHO I would not even consider the stage 1 dl unless you are going to stick to using only the actual Harley parts (i.e. SE Slip-ons and SE Air).

It really is worth the extra 100.00 to go right for the PCIII before you continue with anything else. Harley runs their Stage 1 as lean as they can for their parts, any deviation and your easily too lean and hot.

I had the SE slip-ons and the SE air with the stage 1 dl and all was cool. I swapped out pipes for Samson Challengers with baffles (taking some bad advice that the AFR would be close enough with the stage 1 dl) and now have a bright gold front heat shield and collar. The coloring wasn't too bad until I did 100- cold weather miles and the cold dense air was enough to break the camel's back.

Now I have the PCIII and I'm ordering new pipes, if I think the cold air is gonna run my AFR map a little lean I can easily richen it up with a push of a button on the unit just for that ride.

-Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts