V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tryed those "Sta-bo" rear swingarm bushings. I just saw them in an add looking through "Thunder Press", then checked out there website.

I have often wondered why somebody didn't make a polyurithane bushing to replace the rubber OE's. It dosn't say what there made from, I'm just guessing it's poly.

So back to the question, has anyone tryed them?

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I haven't but a while ago I tried to find the website and just couldn't. A google search came up with all kinds of usless sites. Could you post a link to their site?

I'm also curious about these.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hate to show how dumb I am but I don't know how to post a link. However, there address is www.sta-bo.com . Make sure you get the - in there. Ha ha, that looks funny dosn't it.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I'm thinking for that kinda money for bushings that wear, you'd be better off investing in a low maintenance hardware device like the Ride Str8 product. I've compared both the Ride Str8 and Tru-Track and the Ride Str8 seems like the better design.

I've thought about the getting the Ride Str8 for myself. But thats not going to keep me from scraping the hell outta my floorboards. But what my heart is really telling me to do is buy what I used to ride back in my 20's, another Ninja! The new X-14 is lookin' really sweet. Would be a nice addition to my 2 wheel family. Seems my wife always trys to bring me back down to reality though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sta-bo

There was a big article back in May 05 in Thunder press about the FL frame. It also talks about Sta bo and said they are made from Delrin which is used in nascar bushings. I'll give them a try in the R K in the near future. Untill then I was wanting to hear from anyone who has tried them also. I called Sta Bo and was told that until recentilly they were local and just started to market nationally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts