V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2005 Electra Glide Classic with a "unique" squeak.
It only happens over sharp bumps in road and at hard stops.
If standing still and front brake on, rocking bike forward and back hard will generate noise.
Four mechanics at Hal's H-D in Milwaukee
could not find it. Sound source cannot seem to be zeroed in on.
It seems to travel through bike. VERY annoying. Please reply
if anyone has had simiar high pitched noise.
Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Suggest you chock the front wheel front and back, then push and pull the way you have been, only without using the brakes. No squeak means it is in the brakes, still squeaks? It isn't the brakes. I had some "popping" or creaking in my front fender. Some of that was in the four mounting bolts and some was in the trim on the front of the fender. Sharp bumps would cause the creaking noises. I Smeared a little grease on the mounting points for all that stuff and it has been quiet for several years.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Had a squeak that haunted me for 2 years. I was 99.9% certain it was the shifter linkage because it only happened when I was shifting. Finally found the squeak and it had nothing to do with the shifter. It was the metal seat tab that went into the frame. Every time my weight shifted on the seat to shift, it would squeak. A couple layers of electrical tape around that tab fixed the extremely annoying noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts