Your choice and why?

Thanks,
Dave

Welcome to The Forum !

1. No
2. No
3. No

None of them are my choice because.

Dave, Welcome to The Forum, which one do YOU like?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dave,

I just bought the V-Rod and would only consider a Fat Boy as an alternative. The V-Rod is fast, light and exciting to ride.
The Fat Boy is much better for touring with a passenger but is heavy and therefore feels sluggish in comparison.
Also the V-Rod definitely gets alot of attention which is kind of nice.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Missin44 said:
I like them all...lol...
but wife will only let me get qone

Ok, we are getting somewhere now.

I like them all too.

So which ONE do YOU like?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Smokey said:
Get the V-Rod cause it looks cool.

JimmyK stop it, you're only confusing him more! :D

Kids.... gotta love em. :rolleyes:

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Is this the new kinder/gentler Jimmy?

Errrrr.....you guys remind me of bad investment advisors. How about we ask him what he will be using the bike for???????????

Missin44...if you are between a heritage springer and a V-rod you clearly need to do a little soul searching. How much will you be riding?....alone or with a passenger?.....why do you narrow it to those 3?......how many beers does it take make the springer attractive????...do you have a bike now?? ..ever?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
What JimmyK said the first time!

Missin44,no one can answer that but you,every member of this forum could give you his or her opinion,but if your not happy,what good was it?

Logical brought up some good points,common sense type stuff.After all is said & done the decision will ultimately be yours.Try to ride all three,or more.I betcha one of 'em will make up your mind!
guido

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Fatboy, its easier to clean!:eek:
Springer? over here would end up a rust bucket in a few months!:eek:
V-rod? Gimme the engines power for my RK :D

Tell ya what, buy the V-rod an we'll swap engines, how's that sound?:D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Dave, since I have a Road King, I'll share some of the things I tried to consider. How do you plan to use the bike? I looked at a V Rod, and it didn't seem like it would be very good for a passenger. Plan to do any overnight stuff, none of the 3 you mentioned are as good as a Road king ( had to say that), and although you can put bags on them they look added on (IMHO). How important is actual acceleration? Which one looks coolest to you (other than a Road King, of course).

I think part of what some of the others are saying is that if you answer these type of questions, the ultimate answer should become clear. If it doesn't, get a black Road King Classic, I've heard that 93.6 % of all women surveyed prefer men with Kings.

Good Luck, greg

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dave,
What Logical,Guido and the others said is true. No one can answer that question for you. All three are very different bikes. You'll have to soul search and make up your own mind. Its the only way you'll ultimately be happy.
I know how you feel though. I've been pondering that question for the last six months while waiting for the 03's to hit the showroom. I had a chance to ride a number of demo bikes at Sturgis and that helped me make up my mind. As for my personal feelings... Im not a springer person but my best friend loves em. The V-rod is fun as hell (especially at 120mph-He He) but, my heart loves the Fat Boy. I look at it as a blank canvas that I can do anything with. It can be turned into a one-up boulevard bike that can drag with a v-rod, a retro cruiser, or turned into a decked out two-up touring machine. etc... It's limited only to your imagination and pocketbook.
Best of Luck to ya...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dave,
I agree with JimmyK. You have to decide for yourself. Determine what kind of riding you'll be doing. Will your OL/OM be riding with you?(just jokin....had to be politically correct) Which one attracts you? Sit/rent one so you can determine how they feel. Height plays a part. As stated before, you can change just about anything or modify it to make it 'your's'. We can't answer the question for you.
If it matters, I bought a RoadKing. Why? I was looking at four different styles and the RoadKing was the only one available. It really was fate, because it was really the only one I really wanted. (God works in mysterious ways!) Wish you the best. Please, keep us posted as to what you decide. You will recieve help, when requesting it. I promise. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow, tough question really depends on which one you really like, I chose the V-Rod. I like the looks, performance and handling of the bike. Plus I am only riding mostly around town and on short trips.

Fat Boy is very nice and H-D most popular selling bike.

Heritage Springer, you get that old look, which is very cool.

Best suggestion is to find a Dealer near you that rents Harley and go out and rent each for a day and after each one ask yourself if that is something you could live with for a few years. Selecting a bike is a very personal choice and is very hard for someone else to say and not only that but a big investment. I too like the RK sporty and you have a place to store things.

But if you are in or may get into the witness protection program don't get a V-Rod, you get a lot of attention on it. I really like mine and think for me it was a great choice, I haven't regretted it for a minute.

My 2 cents anyway,

Dave

·
Registered
906 Posts
Missin44...pretty simple really -get on each and one of them won't let you out the door until you take it home.
Funny, puppies are the same way..nobody can tell you which one is right for you, it just doesn't work that way.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
if you want attention go with the vrod. they seem to appeal to the "non-riding" crowd although attention doesnt matter to me. funny though seems like everyone either rides or says they want to ride a harley. i dont know what it is but people will walk right pass my heritage in all its glory, right towards a customized dyna or vrod, but i dont care. the heritage is the sexiest motorcycle alive . (i hope its a female :) )

B

·
0 Posts
Of the 3, I'd do the V-Rod, because it appeals to me more than the other 2. Too many Fat Boys on the road for my taste, and I don't like the springer front end. There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?... ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Rent, Rent, Rent! Met a couple recently at the local "stealer" (NF Sheldon's) who was allowed to rent two different bikes on the same day for no additional charge. They were thrilled and made their decision right there!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Had a SuperGlide and enjoyed it, but never really modied it out because the truth was I wanted a Fatboy from the start but was talked out of it by some people (looser me)...

Now, I have an '03 Fatboy that will be here in ONE week, and I've already ordered 5K worth of parts (thats with my 15% discount). See, the Fatboy is my "Canvas", the bike I wanted from the start, my decesion, even though it's damn easy to scrape those floor boards :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
So, what am I saying? Rent all three and the bike will find you, (again sound simular to some other posts and threads on this board)?;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts