V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buying fxstsi saturday dealer is pushing hard for the 1st servive to be done buy them . ive owned dirt bikes my whole life and worked on them also . there telling me the must do service on springer front end. to me other than keeping and i on the head bearings what else could there be . im buying the manuel . is there some super secret operation performed on the springer front end or are they just wanting more money.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
monkeybrain uk said:
Why do you need a Spanish waiter?

It seems we have some real "humorous" comics on here who should have been on the comedy club, instead of the VTF. :yawn: But I'm not laughing...

If I could help, I would. Great question for someone who knows what they are talking about. It's too bad he ain't replied. Hang in there, he will soon answer...;)

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
jafo33 said:
buying fxstsi saturday dealer is pushing hard for the 1st servive to be done buy them . ive owned dirt bikes my whole life and worked on them also . there telling me the must do service on springer front end. to me other than keeping and i on the head bearings what else could there be . im buying the manuel . is there some super secret operation performed on the springer front end or are they just wanting more money.
They just want the money, if you have the manual (or the waiter) do it yourself, there are a couple of different checks, nothing major, that you can do yourself. My last bike was a Springer and I did everything myself so I'm sure you and your waiter will have no problems at all. Enjoy the new bike!!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Yep...it's a money thing, kinda like the little windows on yer 'puter that say "WARNING" are you sure ya wanna do that? 'course I do or I wouldn't have done it...they'll attempt ant tactics to serperate you from your cash including lying...

Keep an eye on the head bearings and all the fasteners for the first couple of grand and then check periodically...

I know who he's talking about, used to be my boss: Manuel Labor...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Carrie said:
It seems we have some real "humorous" comics on here who should have been on the comedy club, instead of the VTF. :yawn: But I'm not laughing...

If I could help, I would. Great question for someone who knows what they are talking about. It's too bad he ain't replied. Hang in there, he will soon answer...;)
Everybody scat......................TEACHERS COMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIiNNNNN!!!!!!

YOU!
Yes miss Carrie........
Your on yard duty!
Yes miss Carrie...........even the rubbish near the office?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Someone get an apple, camera, she's wearing that low cut Harley top again.:boobies:

Thorns

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
On the subject:

The repair manual is very specific on the fall away adjustment of the springer fork. You need a special tool fabricated from a hex bearing retainer to adjust the bearing, no big deal. If you follow the manual by the letter, you'll be OK.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
jafo33 said:
They are just wanting money. The service manual will lay out all the procedures for how to maintain your front end.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
ViennaHog said:
On the subject:

The repair manual is very specific on the fall away adjustment of the springer fork. You need a special tool fabricated from a hex bearing retainer to adjust the bearing, no big deal. If you follow the manual by the letter, you'll be OK.

Like everybody else said, get the manual, also maybe the parts book and the electrical service book if there is one for your bike. My Ultra touring bike has all three manuals and I ordered all of them when I bought the bike.

After that, get a nice set of tools if you don't already have hem. Read the book(s) and save big money $$$$$$$$ for the rest of your life. It's fun working on your own bike, too.

I use the dealer solely for parts that I need in a hurry, Their labor rates, at $90 per hour, are probably the highest in the nation. I told them, when I picked up the bike in May, 2004, to take a good look at it because they would never be seeing it agaiin.

:)

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
My only other advise is to document the work, and check off the check lists. Save oil and filter receipts and sign and date all work. This will show to the dealer, if you need any warranty work, you have documentation to prove it has been serviced and maintained per the manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts