V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 softail custom that I am putting a 96 Bad Boy Springer front end on. (why? because I like the look). I am requesting any information on whether the stock front wheel I am currently running on the wide glide front end will run on the springer fork. I realize the brake is on the other side, and will need that setup, along with the fender. Also aware the speedo hook up is possibly different.
If not possible, would request the H-D part number for a 96 springe hub wheel assy, and the part number for a 92 Wideglide hub and wheel assy. any help, or comments from anyone who has swapped to a springer fork would be of great help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am doing it right now from a 1994 fxstc to s pringer front end, first problem i have is the axle. My axle is to long. I ordered a new axle and spacers that cost me $47.00 I think? The wheel is off center, I am hoping with the proper axle and spacer that will work itself out! but I do not really believe it will, The speedometer part that attaches to the wheel has a different part number. I already had some nice handel bars, went to harley they could not find what I wanted in springer handle bars. BUT Arlen ness makes a part that allows you to use any handle bar, i bought it $180.00 it was that or by new bars, new cable, new brake line. I am waiting on parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts