V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 softail custom that I am putting a 96 Bad Boy Springer front end on. (why? because I like the look). I am requesting any information on whether the stock front wheel I am currently running on the wide glide front end will run on the springer fork. I realize the brake is on the other side, and will need that setup, along with the fender. Also aware the speedo hook up is possibly different.
If not possible, would request the H-D part number for a 96 springe hub wheel assy, and the part number for a 92 Wideglide hub and wheel assy. any help, or comments from anyone who has swapped to a springer fork would be of great help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
AUB,
I doubt you can use the same wheel. I have the 95-96 HD Service manual for softails. It says the offset dimension from the edge of wheel to the hub brake disk flange for FXSTC is 1.58-1.66 in. The dimension for the FXSTS/SB is 1.38-1.46 in. That means the brake disk is closer to the center of the wheel on a springer. If your going put a springer front end on your custom check out the Bad Guy Kit risers at J-&P Cycles :

http://www.jpcycles.com/shop/produc...D=49&mscssid=T58GB1SAHRRD8PNG58QSCSXLRM1F8TRE

I've been thinking about these for my bike.

TD

PS...I would give you the part number if I had it, they don't list them in the manual, try your local HD dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Springer Swap

TDICKMAN,
Thanks for the reply, it helped me out. Can you tell me if your Speedo is hooked up to your Front wheel or off the transmission? Mine is off the front wheel, (92) and I just bought a complete front wheel for a springer off EBAY but it is a 1999, so no notch for the speedo drive (DOH!) this is a painful process but worth it. That is why I was curious as to your setup on the 1995 springer. Thanks again.

·
Registered
420 Posts
pic of front wheel

AUBI8,
Sorry I haven't been back to this thread in a while. Any way my speedo is off the front wheel. I believe they changed it to the tranny in 96. Here is a picture.

What part of CA are you from? I grew up close to SF.

TD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Springer Swap

TDICKMAN,
thanks again for the reply and photo,I think maybe I can swap some pieces to make my speedo work (order the parts against a 95 FXSTS). Great looking bike, I have always admired the BADBOY, do not know why they did not sell very well. I think they as close as you can get to the original striped down Rigids from the sixties. I am in the Marine Corps, stationed in SoCal. originally from Milwaukee, WI. Sorry about the Niners, but all I want for XMAS is Homefield (Packers) advantage. I love watching the look on the face when it is 20 below zero.
Anyways, thanks again for all your help and information, will let you know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts