V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 89 Heritage. I like the look of the pipes on the Heritage Springer with the cross over. How can I mount that exhaust to my bike? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
cherokeerebel said:
I just got a 89 Heritage. I like the look of the pipes on the Heritage Springer with the cross over. How can I mount that exhaust to my bike? Thanks
If i were you i wouldn't waste my money on the springer exhaust. I got the samson fishtail duals on my 05 deluxe and they are great. These are a new design for this year. There totally different from the older ones. The fit and finish are excellent , full coverage heatsheilds and they sound great. I get tons of completments on the sound of these pipes. I went from vance and hines bigshot longs to these and my performance stayed the same plus these sound better. You can get the pipes for about 490.00 with all the brackets , took about 2 -3 hours for me to install.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only problem is I don't have the $500 for that. I can get some headpipes for about $40 then get some slip-ons.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
cherokeerebel said:
Only problem is I don't have the $500 for that. I can get some headpipes for about $40 then get some slip-ons.
Before i got the samsons i tried to get the springer ones on ebay, i couldn't beleive how much they went for , they were getting almost 500 for used ones! What are you going to do about heat sheilds and brackets? Or do you only need it for one side? Did you see this site?http://www.tccbiker.com/

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool web site. I even called them and they said they could make pipes if needed. As for the springer pipes on ebay, I've seen those prices too. I can probably get a set of headers for $40-$50 and would have to get the slip ons. I just don't know how I would mount to the left side. Would I have to drill holes to mount the bracket?

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
cherokeerebel said:
Cool web site. I even called them and they said they could make pipes if needed. As for the springer pipes on ebay, I've seen those prices too. I can probably get a set of headers for $40-$50 and would have to get the slip ons. I just don't know how I would mount to the left side. Would I have to drill holes to mount the bracket?
Don't know about your year bike, but all the later year softail frames are the same. There are plugs to remove for the installation of all the brackets and such. Take a look at a springer and note where all the mounting is and see if your frame is the same. Take some pics for reference.

I also went the Sampson route and found some good deals on take offs in great shape.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vafatboy said:
Don't know about your year bike, but all the later year softail frames are the same. There are plugs to remove for the installation of all the brackets and such. Take a look at a springer and note where all the mounting is and see if your frame is the same. Take some pics for reference.

I also went the Sampson route and found some good deals on take offs in great shape.
Mines an 89 and I don't see any plugs. Sure hate to drill. Think I might go with some supertrapp 2 into 1. I like the look of the crossover but seems like it might be too much involved.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
cherokeerebel said:
Mines an 89 and I don't see any plugs. Sure hate to drill. Think I might go with some supertrapp 2 into 1. I like the look of the crossover but seems like it might be too much involved.
How much are the supertrapp compared to the samson true dual? i bet the samsons are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mori55 said:
How much are the supertrapp compared to the samson true dual? i bet the samsons are cheaper.
Not the set I found on ebay. ;) Probably gonna go for less than $100

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
the pipe coming off the left mounts to the passenger foot peg then the muffler has a bracket that mounts to the 2 bolt holes on the lower part of the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts