V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally got some chrome polish on my black powder coated engine and it appears to be stuck. I have tried regular cleaning products and scrubbed pretty hard, but to no avail. Does anyone know of a product that would take chrome polish off of the black powder coated part of the engine?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I use S100.
Nicky

·
Banned
871 Posts
S100 engine brightener (NOT the cleaner, silverhdjc). It'll make all the black parts look like new! Just spray it on and let dry.

I used it on my front wheel (cast HD) last night. The black paint was looking almost gray. I washed the bike then applied the engine brightener and it ended up looking like it had new paint on it! Same with the brake calipers, tank panel, engine paint, etc. Works great on black plastic, too. You only have to do it once or twice a year to keep it looking good. The small can goes a LONG way! :) I still had some left from last year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heard somewhere that WD40 on a warm engine makes it come right back to a nice black...anyone tried it ?.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
S100 engine brightener

The S100 engine brightener gets my vote. Wash the bike yesterday and the engine had some stains from where I got cought out in the rain( road grim, dirt). I scrubbed the engine with a detailing brush and got some of it off, then sprayed it with S100 and WOW, awesume stuff. :thumbsup:

Tim

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
S100 Engine Brightener... works everytime. Try ProtectAll on the chrome around the engine... it doesn't leave that milky trace on the black... makes everything a lot easier. I also use it in the shower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts