V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
The 883 really is a starter bike because of the gearing. It's a joke.
What is wrong with the gearing? I hear bump to 1200 and it really has a lot of power.
They'll also tell you the 883 doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way.
This one makes me laugh a little. Cause you got the harley guys going its not about power I want to drive slow and enjoy the pretty scenary. I have said not having power is a safety issue when it comes to passing. But from what I hear the low end power is not an issue with XLs, they are quick off the go.

I was thinking about a single seater, sat on a bunch at the bike show. XL was comfortable compared to metric stuff. I have thought hopping one up would be fun. Though I was told you are going to be stuck with it, cause it is XL with no resale value. Not sure that would stop me if it ever play out right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mmm, some differing options here ... which is to be expected I guess, I'm definitely not wanting ...'quick'... my rocket days are all but over and tbh ... mostly a blur! I like the sportster for it's looks and it's ability to be chucked about if needed, the lack of outright speed isn't a factor for me. I'm really looking forward to HD ownership tbh, it's just a different vibe all together.
I think with most jap 'n' euro bikes ... you buy the 'bike'.
With HD ... you buy into the whole scene which appeals to me greatly.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If only Sportsters had some range. 70 - 90 miles to a tank just doesn't cut it out in the boonies!

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
My first ride on a Harley was on the b seat of a sportster. We were in Boonton NJ up and down little ridges doing 3/4 mph on the white line. It amazed me how this heavy bike stood straight up at such a slow speed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My first ride on a Harley was on the b seat of a sportster. We were in Boonton NJ up and down little ridges doing 3/4 mph on the white line. It amazed me how this heavy bike stood straight up at such a slow speed.
Hi Cap'n... I think I recall you guys. That was a long time ago. Amazed me you facing backward! Never would have thought of doing that!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts