V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought some of you might enjoy my experience while I was motoring to the Quaker Steak Restaurant in St Pete Fl the other day.Ever Wednesday Quaker Steak has bike night , I have a 2005 Sportster Custom I'm trying to sell it , so I have been taking it over to the restaurant with a for sale sign and sitting around thinking some one will buy it.
I live in Clearwater and to get to St Pete I cross the Bay Bridge , not far from the bridge is a base ball park .Seems some one lost their ball because when I was entering the bridge a base ball rolled right under my front wheel , I hite it dead center at about 60 , the bike just hoped over it and I was on my way across the bridge.Go figure , no damage at all , the ball missed the back wheel and just rolled over to the side of the road.Kind of gives me a new view point of the old ball game.
Dan

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
vrodfl said:
Thought some of you might enjoy my experience while I was motoring to the Quaker Steak Restaurant in St Pete Fl the other day.Ever Wednesday Quaker Steak has bike night , I have a 2005 Sportster Custom I'm trying to sell it , so I have been taking it over to the restaurant with a for sale sign and sitting around thinking some one will buy it.
I live in Clearwater and to get to St Pete I cross the Bay Bridge , not far from the bridge is a base ball park .Seems some one lost their ball because when I was entering the bridge a base ball rolled right under my front wheel , I hite it dead center at about 60 , the bike just hoped over it and I was on my way across the bridge.Go figure , no damage at all , the ball missed the back wheel and just rolled over to the side of the road.Kind of gives me a new view point of the old ball game.
Dan
Watch to see if your wheel is out of balance or your rim bent. I hit a brick bat one time while following too close to another car in a snow storm. Bent the hell out of my rim. The brick bat was laying in the middle of the road next to a dead dog. I wondered what that was all about. Right down in the darkest section of Baltimore.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is fine , have been ridding it with no problem , it was not much of a bumb but a real suprise.
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts