V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group! New here but I have seen some pretty good advice on other things so fingers crossed on my issues.
I have a 2009 harley sportster 1200 xl custom. It has roughly 10 thousand miles, stock as a rock. I recently purchased a conversion kit to make the rear turn signals function as the brake lights and running lights as well. This part was ordered through Harley Davidson. (Part number 69463-06B) I also ordered some led turn signal bulbs for the rear. I hooked everything up per the instructions and when I turned my key, the signal indicator (by the handlebars) lit up for both signals and flashed really fast. I turned the key back off and the indicator stayed on for a second before turning off. (The tear signals never actually lit up. I put the stock bulbs back in and they lit up just fine..here’s the problem...now my turn signal switch acts as if it is deactivated and while I have my brake lights, horn, and headlight. I have no signals, no display on my speedometer and the bike will not crank at all. The battery is fully charged, tested good. I’ve looked at all the fuses and they all seem to be fine. I can hear the fuel pump kicking on but when I hit the start button, no sound at all. And yes the kill switch is not on and it’s in N. Haha ? thanks everyone in advance!
happy riding!
Mike

·
Registered
507 Posts
Remove the Signal Box and LED's. Check all the Wire Connections in the area you were working. You may have disturbed a connection.

·
Registered
8,773 Posts
I would advise disconnecting all the new stuff,,, go.back to stock,, especially the led bulbs,, then try it,,,

did you pull the fuses and do a visual on the element or use a test light to insure the fuses were not blown?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts