V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone find there Sportster seat very uncomfortable to ride on for more that 20 miles. I get a very sore butt when I ride any longer distances!!:(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the stock seat on my 02 XLH1200 and
it pressed right on my tailbone. Very uncomfortable after about 25 miles. I bought the pillow look seat. Much better
and now I can put on some serious miles. :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, 20 miles is about the limit. I've ordered a seat off a 1200 custom. I've heard that they are a bit better than the stock solo seats, and it was inexpensive.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
As I posted in another thread........

I received the Mustang Sport Touring seat (#75733) and put it on my '03 1200S three or four days ago. It's truly outstanding......all the difference in to world, both front and rear, and looks good. Best money I've spent so far.

My local non-Harley Harley shop just punched the stock mufflers, re-jetted the carb and put a K&N air filter in the stock box. Sounds great, runs a little better. It's gettin' there......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mustang seat with backrest is the most comfortable I've used. A little pricey but as much and as far as I ride it was money WELL spent!

·
Registered
11 Posts
sportster seats

IMO, any stock Sporty seat is a total waste of petrochemicals! They may look good, but provide virtually zero support/comfort! I bought a Mustang for my second Sporty and kept it when I traded the bike in, to "retrieve" a Ducati 900FE I had mistakenly traded. At any rate, the Mustang went on my '02 1200 std. before I rode the bike home. What a difference! I can and do run her for 150 mile rides at @ 75-80 mph on 2 lane backroads. The workmanship and quality of the Mustang are supurb; much better than the Corbin I had on my Kaw ZX12R.

I don't often buy aftermarket parts, but that saddle was the best $$$ I've ever spent on a "part". DFO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts