V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to pre-spend my tax refund. I've currently got SE-II slip-ons on my tax-paid 95 XLH-1200, and they're just becoming too "sedate" for me. I've been thinking about new pipes, and I've narrowed it down to Bassani Pro-Street, Samson BG-II, or V&H Straight Shots. I expect I'll sacrifice some of the bottom end with these pipes, but I don't want to totally lose it.

I really like the looks of the Bassani pipes, but I have reservations as to whether they're really right for me. Should I run them with baffles, torque cones, or what? Are heat shields available/included/extra?

As for the Samsons, I've been getting mixed feedback on quality. Also, the catalogs that I have conflict each other about the availability of baffles with the Street Sweeper and Ground Pounder pipes.

I really need to make a bunch of phone calls, but I figured there was some independent wisdom to gain here, rather than talking to someone who is trying to make a profit from my sale.

Chuck
'95 XLH-1200 Black/Purple

·
Registered
335 Posts
if you have the options of baffles use them, definately use torque cones:
bassani- haven't used them but came real close to buying them
samson- i run them with NO problems. baffles are available for samson pipes without a bend at the ends, ripsaws/groun pounders no baffles. i don't have baffles because i run the ripsaws and i love them as is.

·
Registered
875 Posts
what ever u do dont buy a 2 into 1, imho it gives a HD a *** look :(

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Webjeepin:

Let me know what you chose and how it sounds. I also hae the SE II slip ons and am thinking about going to the Samson Slashers. I have a 2001 883 Custom and want something a little louder.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the V/H straight shots with the standard baffles that come with it. This is a loud set of pipes when you get on it with a deep rumble at idle. You lose a little torque down low but it opens the mid-range and top. Good pipes for what I want. Their web page has a small soundbite to listen to, but to get the real sound find someone who has them installed and listen live.

Or crank the volume up before clicking this link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.