V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reviews are mixed. Some say I need to change the kickstand after using the 11" progressives and some say i do not. Could i hear from some of you who have done it?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
It will help those who have done it to answer you if we know what the length of the original shocks were, or at least which model Sportster you have.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about that. I'm not really sure of the exact stock shock length but i own a 2001 883 standard.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The kick stand works fine on my wifes 05' 883 Low with 11" shocks in the rear and the front lowered 1/2" (just sliding forks through the tripple tree 1/2") not sure if the low has shorter kick stand then the standard though?? the stock 883 low shocks are 11 1/2"

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I seem to remember that there are different length kickstands from the factory. It looks like the KC part is at least on the right track for you, but I don't like the little end on it. I don't think that it would keep you from sinking into softer asphalt much less dirt. I guess you could call your local dealer and see what the parts guy has for choices.
See if these guys have anything you like:
http://www.coolsac.com/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine is a 92 883 deluxe,( well, not an 883 anymore!:woohoo: ) I have the 11
' progressives and don't have any prob with the stand, but I also have a wide glide front end which is longer than stock.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I have an '06 XL1200c...2" lowered in the front and 11" progressive's in the back. I still have the stock kick stand on but I have to be selective where I park. I think I will end up getting a shorter kickstand just for piece of mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep

2" lowered in the front and 11" progressive's in the back. I still have the stock kick stand on but I have to be selective where I park
Same here mine is lowered same as above Front and Rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts