V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Can someone explain the differences of the two on the new models? From what i have read the new ideas go to the sportster before the Big twin... but what do they include?

Sorry for throwing out all these questions... need to have the "idiots guide to frequently asked questions of the Harley..."

Thanks guys

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Big Twin;
Engine and tranny separate units
Larger displacement
Heavier

Sporster
Smaller displacement
Engine and tranny one piece unit
Lighter

...Have you visited a stealer yet? Have you visited HD website? Don't want to be an a$$hole, but yea I'm an a$$hole, do some basic research on your own, that will bring the more interesting questions.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
point taken...

I'm actually trying to find out if a shovel head is a shovel head for both the big twin and sportster motors... and if parts interchange

Sorry for the stupid questions, but i havent found anywhere that has the basic stuff...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
......no, they both have a Shovel engine in that year group. But the displacement is different. Straight out of the box, they are not interchangable. The Sporster is 900-1000cc and the Big Twin is 1200 and 1340cc. Some machinist maybe, maybe make them interchangable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh... and i've been meaning to ask, how much do the Big twins weigh just the motor... and how much for the sportster?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...same principle - shovel, evo, twincam. different displacements

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
............no problem.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
bikeless said:
Wow... no oil filter?!?! :confused:
...on what me! I don't need no stinkin' filter!!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...you can do anything with the right amount of $$$$

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hehe

That reminds me of a joke... Guy asks how much ya think i can get for my car? Other guy says "somewhere between a buck and a few hundred thousand" seller says... (sarcastic) thanks

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts